Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Growth!

I have a few things coming up in the garden.That's always so fun to go out and see what's peeking through.
So far I've seen peas, peppers, tomatoes, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, radishes,onions & lettuce. Some of the stuff hasn't sprouted yet, but I think it will eventually.
Today I prepared the last two beds for my February stuff. One of them will be a 3 sisters garden, mostly corn. I really want corn this year. REALLY.
The herb bed - which still needs a cleanup - reseeded itself with cilantro and dill. The bunny was thrilled. He's been turning his nose up at the store bought cilantro. He ripped the fresh stuff right out of my hands LOL.
I weeded the other beds, filled the last two, turned the compost a bit, checked on the worms that we forgot about for over a year. Seriously, the bushes grew up around the worm bin and we just totally forgot. There were still worms in there and yes they were alive. I put in some new bedding and food for them.
We've had rain off and on so I haven't had to water in a while, which is nice. There are more weeds that I hoped for, but I just keep pulling them. Right now its a bit hard since i planted some spices randomly and I'm not sure what's a weed and what isn't. So some of them are being left alone until I'm sure.
That's about all. It's nice seeing things grow again and being out there working in the yard!

1 comment: