Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Corn!

The corn is coming up! Today I was out spraying it with BT because I am NOT going to have cutworms eat it all this year.
We had a few surprise cold days come up and I lost the watermelon, squash and spinach, but no worries because I started some more today.
So, short blog, but here are a few pics of what's coming up in the garden!



I replanted that left row today with romaine. I started it inside and I'm pretty sure I pulled it out when it came up outside because it didn't look like the other lettuce I had started!

3 comments:

  1. Great news on the corn! Gosh, when mine is that size, I have to watch out for mice and the stupid birds, because they really do a number on them. Cutworms aren't a problem in my garden - at least not yet. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! Slugs were eating my broccoli starts about that time until I sprayed. Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to say that I miss you... :-(

    ReplyDelete